Ingredients (makes about 3 large servings)
- 1 block of firm tofu, pressed
- a couple small yellow potatoes, sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- a hand full of spinach
- 1/2 an onion (I used pearl onions but in hindsight I think red onions would have been better)
- 1/4 cup of black olives (loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (loosely packed)
- Salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar to taste
- 3 tbs of pesto sauce
What to do...
1. Lightly grease the biggest frying pan that you have and put throw in the potatoes. Let them cook while you prep the other veggies.
2. Chop/slice all the veggies so that you have them ready to toss into the frying pan. When the potatoes are tender, add the onions then crumble the tofu using your hands into the frying pan.
3. Add the remaining vegetables and cook them on medium heat until tender.
3. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Slowly sprinkle the balsamic over the mixture and toss it. Start with a little and gradually add more if required.
4. Remove from heat and gently cover the mixture in pesto
Serve with lemon wedges and salt & pepper.